Before researchers from your lab can begin using the MEMS SIG, you must accept lab members into your group and assign fund numbers to your researchers. Please see details below.
If you have researchers who use the MEMS SIG, you may receive email requests from researchers wishing to join your group. The request email will have specific instructions on how to approve the request. In case you are interested in the process, instructions are pasted below. If you would prefer to delegate these notifications/approvals to a financial manager, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your financial manager’s name & email.
- Click here to log-in: https://wustl.ilabsolutions.com/service_center/show_external/5742/mems_shared_instrument_group
- You will use your WUSTL credentials to log into iLab
- Once logged in, look for the link in the left-hand menu that says ‘my groups’. Hover-over and select your lab.
- Set the auto-approval amount if you do not wish to approve service requests below a certain dollar amount. To do this, select the ‘Members’ panel and enter a dollar amount in the ‘Auto Pre-Approval’ amount and click ‘save settings.’
- To approve lab membership requests, select the ‘Membership Requests & Cost Centers’ tab. New membership requests will show at the top of this page. Click “Approve” to accept a member into your lab. Click “Reject” if they are not a member of your lab.
- To assign an account to a member of your lab, find the member in the above list where it says, ‘Cost Centers.’ Select the checkbox(es) to the right of their name for the account(s) you wish to assign them.
- If you have issues, more detailed WUSTL – specific instructions can be found here.
Additional iLab instructions are available by clicking on the “HELP” link in the upper right hand corner, or by navigating to the iLab Help Site. In particular, the Overview of Managing a Group and Membership Requests & Fund Numbers pages should answer many questions. For any questions not addressed in the Helpsite, click on the “HELP” link in the upper right hand corner and submit a ticket, or email email@example.com.